Day Six: Five books/movies/tv series/etc that you'd recommend.
1. The Betsy-Tacy series, especially if you're from the Midwest. I can't pinpoint what makes these books truly "midwestern", but there is something inherently so in this series. Wonderful, lovely, simple stories; clear pictures of individual characters; (Tib is my absolute favorite).
2. The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver. A traveling book, an epic saga in its own right.
3. Lip Service, Europe's short mini-series answer to the L Word. it slightly makes up for how painfully disappointing the ending of the L Word was for me.
4. Stiff by Mary Roach. Not for those squeamish about death.
5. The Trouble with Poetry and Other Poems by Billy Collins. I love the playfulness of his poems. Clever and spare.
- Well Anway, Back to the Meme